The acquisition of a charming eared rodent is associated with the need to purchase a “rich dowry”. To ensure a complete menu in the cell should be a drinker, feeder, and hay bed for chinchillas. These devices will help provide pets with the necessary food, which contain the necessary nutrients.
Feeder and hay bed: what are they for?
The list of accessories numbers more than a dozen, among which Hay bed and feeders come to the fore. Even though the rodent eats quite a bit, special dishes for food should be installed.
Given that most of the food quickly deteriorates, it is essential to choose a bowl in size so that the animal has time to eat a batch, not leaving rotting leftovers.
Sennitsa is a type of feeder with a narrow specialization. It lays the hay that chinchillas need daily to normalize digestion. Separation of sennits in a separate accessory is due to the fact that the animal is able to defecate throughout the cage, touching and valuable dry grass.
Hay bed: types.
A high-quality chinchilla feeder should meet the following criteria:
- safety for the animal;
- holding a pile of hay inside;
- opportunity for chinchilla to freely get the necessary amount of grass;
- no chance of urine entering valuable food.
Experts definitely do not recommend buying:
- plastic products – they quickly burst into animals;
- hinged wire balls – the animal can stick its head inside and get stuck.
Opinions are divided regarding location inside or outside. Some experts prefer the first option because of the preservation of purity.
The following factors are evidence in favor of external ones:
- saving extra space in the cage;
- full security for the animal;
- dried grass does not crumble.
Chinchilla feeder: types.
The choice of feeders in the pet store is great, so before you buy you should be familiar with the parameters, which meets the ideal solution:
- material. Plastic is excluded; it will be eaten with food in a short time. Experts advise choosing metal bowls, although glass or ceramics may be considered;
- the form. It is important to purchase a stable container that can be put on the floor. Chinchilla suspended structure will remove from the rods and scatter pieces of food throughout the cage;
- mount. The feeder must be firmly fixed to the cage – rodents love to play with containers, turning them over.
An automatic feeder will be a bit more expensive, but it solves many problems:
- just embedded in a cell;
- dispenses the amount of feed;
- the rodent cannot use it instead of the toilet;
- garbage is practically excluded;
- in this case, cell cleaning is simplified.
How tomake a hay bed for chinchilla on your own?
For experienced and skilled owners, it is preferable to do a sennica for a chinchilla.
To do it, you must:
- Saw and grind boards for sidewalls, bottom, and back wall. The latter can be made more elegant by cutting out a semicircle.
- Make a slot in the sidewalls for fixing the grille.
- Connect all the walls.
- Secure the grille.
- Grind again, round all corners.
In the end, it is necessary to attach the hay bed under the shelf so that it was easy to replenish the hay, and the rodent could not get into the device.
DIY feeder: how to make instruction.
Independent production of feeders for chinchillas does not take much time. Carefully washed and processed cans, heavy ceramic bowls, and glass ashtrays are suitable for bowls.
The owner is only required to firmly secure the container so that the rodent cannot turn over or move the feeder off. After that, it is enough to fill in the food and be touched by the process of feeding the pet.