The Stihl MS 180 chainsaw is used to prepare a supply of firewood in private homes and small farms, to improve the garden plot, to book bushes, with its help you can clear the site and perform a variety of work of various difficulty levels, including felling trees and sawing wood. This is a truly multifunctional device. In addition, you can use different nozzles for repair and construction works.
The device of the Stihl 180 chainsaw is simple, the developers made a lot of efforts so that the household appliance had all the advantages of a professional model and was accessible to beginners in this field. Design features allow users to use the device with various levels of training:
- The carburetor circuit of the Stihl 180 chainsaw makes it possible to adjust the assembly independently using a specially designed screw.
- The design allows the use of tires of different sizes. The standard manufacturer-provided tire for the Stihl 180 chainsaw is fourteen inches, if necessary, you can install the model in sixteen inches. This feature makes it possible to significantly increase productivity.
- The two-stroke single-cylinder engine runs on a mixture consisting of only two components. gasoline and oil, the choice of which should be taken as responsibly as possible, since the quality and service life directly depend on this.
- To start the engine, you need to pull the starter wire.
Structural parts of the Stihl MC180 chainsaw
- Engine and starter.
- Ignition module and clutch.
- Flywheel (acts as a cooling element).
- Saw chain brake system.
- Air filter and replaceable filter elements.
- Fuel (250ml.) And oil (145ml.) Tanks.
- Chain tension adjustment mechanism.
- Control handles.
Chainsaw Stihl MC 180 Specifications
The Stihl MS 180 chainsaw has characteristics that correspond to the lightweight class. It is equipped with small tanks, while it has a low weight of 3.9 kilograms. Engine power of two horsepower or 1500W, easily copes with any tasks.
Stihl 180 chainsaw malfunction and repair
Among the common breakdowns of the Stihl 180, as well as other models of chainsaws, the following can be attributed:
- Depreciation of the drive sprocket due to aggressive and frequent operation.
- Starter cable breakage.
- No spark in spark plugs.
- Leak in the lubrication system that supplies oil to the chain.
- Air leaks into the crankcase through the oil seals.
- Failures in the carburettor lead to the cessation of fuel supply.
Video: Stihl 180 Gas / Oil Ratio
How to start a Stihl 180 chainsaw?
If you don’t know how to start the Stihl 180 chainsaw “cold”, you should strictly follow the recommendations and requirements of the manufacturer, following the algorithm:
- Turn on the ignition (how to set the ignition on a Stihl 180 chainsaw, indicated in the instrument passport).
- Install the control lever at the lowest point (thus, the carburetor shutter will block the air from the filter, and the throttle will be fully open, and the fuel mixture will be able to enrich).
- Pull the starter handle, this must be done several times before the first flash passes. This will indicate that the mixture has entered directly into the cylinder, and your unit is ready to start.
- Now you can move the lever one section up, while the throttle will remain in the same position, and the air will open.
- You just have to pull the starter. At the same time, the Stihl MS 180 chainsaw will operate at higher speeds.
If you need to set the shutter in idle mode, simply press the trigger and immediately release it. After that, the device will normalize the speed.
How to breed gasoline for a Stihl 180 chainsaw?
Most owners of this model saws are wondering which gasoline to pour into the Stihl 180 chainsaw and what proportions with oil must be observed. The best option is a 1/50 ratio, which means that for five liters of the finished mixture, you will need only 100 milliliters of oil.
How to mix gasoline with oil
You can extend the life of a Stihl MS 180 chainsaw using a high-quality, properly prepared fuel mixture. Quite often, AI-2 or AI-95 brand gasoline is used for this model. Please note that only unleaded gasoline is allowed, which can protect the engine from premature damage.
How to adjust the carburetor on a Stihl 180 chainsaw?
The configuration of the device is designed for users with various experience with this equipment. Cleaning, replacing or repairing will not be difficult for you, as disassembling the carburetor on the Stihl 180 chainsaw is quite easy.
You can blow out the unit yourself, change the gaskets and the needle valve, for which you will need to disassemble the Stihl 180 carburetor. To do this, unscrew the four screws located on the compensator cover and also unscrew one on the fuel pump. After you open the case of the unit, you should be extremely careful, since even the ingress of small litter and even hair can make this unit impossible.
Features of running the Stihl 180 chainsaw
If you have chosen a model of the presented brand, then immediately after the purchase the question arises. how to break in a new Stihl 180 chainsaw? First of all, this process involves checking and preparing the tool for everyday use.
- You will need to treat the engine, as well as the rotation elements with a special lubricant.
- After the oil is added to the gasoline, the entire piston group is subjected to thorough processing on the Stihl 180 chainsaw.
- Please note that it is necessary to give lubrication to each element first at idle, and then during the working stroke.
- It is important that the Stihl 180 chainsaw oil is original, do not try to save money, as this can result in quick wear or waste accumulation.
- It is worth noting that the octane mark should be at least ninety points.
- Try to take breaks to prevent equipment from overheating. Acceptable progazovki, which are characteristic both for idle and for the operating mode.
The Stihl MS 180 chainsaw, the passport operating instructions for which is extremely simple and straightforward, can be fully serviced by the user, but at the same time, if you do not have the necessary experience or if you are simply not confident in your abilities, consult a specialist. Qualified craftsmen will not only run around the unit, but also replace the filter for the Stihl 180 chainsaw, candles and other components.